-
March 2nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I heard this song called "No Such Thing" (John Mayer also sings this song, but that is a different one than I am talking about, this one has more of a rock music based background)today in school and I forgot what the name of the band is that sings it. This has been bugging me all day.Thanks in advance! Here are the lyrics just in case anyone knows who sings it:
"welcome to the real world"
she said to me condescendingly
"take a seat, take your life
plot it out in black and white"
well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
and the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
is still hiding up my sleeve
they love to tell you "stay inside the lines"
but something's better on the other side
I want to run through the halls of my high school
I want to scream at the top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
just a lie you've got to rise above
so the good boys and girls take the so-called right track
faded white hats grabbing credits, maybe transfers
they read all the books but they can't find the answers
all of our parents, they're getting older
I wonder if they've wished for anything better
while in their memories, tiny tragedies
they love to tell you "stay inside the lines"
but something's better on the other side
I want to run through the halls of my high school
I want to scream at the top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
just a lie you've got to rise above
I am invincible
I am invincible
I am invincible
as long as I'm alive
I want to run through the halls of my high school
I want to scream at the top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
just a lie you've got to rise above
I just can't wait for my ten year reunion
I'm gonna bust down the double doors
and when I stand on these tables before you
you will know what all this time was for
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks